I've been looking all over the web for internships programs for kids just starting college. I haven't found any. Well, not any in the general area that I want to be in. The NFL offers summer internships but it's only for college kids (going into their senior year) that are in undergraduate programs with a 3.0 or higher OR law students that are in the top half of their class. I don't think I'll be able to get a real shot at those internships with the transcripts I have from the past 4 years plus general classes from a city college. Well. Isn't that great?
All I want to do is get a job with the NFL, preferably the Oakland Raiders. I grew up a Raiders baby and it would be so amazing to actually get to work within that franchise. It would give me so many job opportunities and lead me to a career that I believe I would be able to keep for a long time. I love working with sports events. My mom worked for the Indoor Football League team that was based in Alaska - the Alaska Wild. She was mainly supposed to work with public relations but she ended up doing the majority of the work on games days. And I was her little assistant. It was so fun. I was only 13 but I decided that that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The hands on experience, constant running around, and getting to work with so many different people from so many different areas is the farthest thing from boring. You feel like you're actually doing something worthwhile - especially when you get to see the final result with everyone having a good time.
I'm not giving up on this goal. I've given up on plenty of goals and dreams before, but this one isn't going anywhere. I'm going to get my internship and you will see me working right next to Al Davis one day. If he's still alive, that is...
No comments:
Post a Comment