I'm glad that I found this video in the Al Jazeera feed. For government, we had to find an article about a current event and analyze it. I found an article that talks about the same thing and has quotes from what the speakers in this clip had to say. Here's the video:
I have no doubt in my mind that even something like this has heightened fear across the country once again. I have no idea how hard it would be to lose someone in a tragic event such as 9/11 and then have more threats posed on you and your lifestyle right around the hardest time of remembrance.
They said in the video that they are making sure that security is increased and that the NYPD are doing a lot to make sure that nothing happens. I don't think that that is enough. No threats like this, whether 50% credible or 100% credible, should be taken without serious action. If something like this did happen again, our country would be more affected then they were before. Or so I believe. Although there is still sadness in the air, our country has moved on past the attacks in a lot of ways. It's about time that we pull out of the middle east and end this war. We got Osama Bin Laden and we've definitely put out a wave of fear. Sure, there are arguments that there's always going to be someone else who steps up and takes the lead of the Taliban. Well, duh. It's the same with all groups of terrorists or leaders or government or monarchy, etc. But are we really going to sit around and waste money fighting a war that we don't need to fight anymore? It's all crazy to me. I'm not a part of our government so I don't know even part of the story behind the war and behind what we're doing to get out or not get out, and I don't pretend to. I just want everything to be okay and for the people in our country to stop being scared and hurt by what's been going on the past 10 years and what may or may not happen in the ones coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment