I read this quote by Bob Marley one time. It made me think about so much from just this one little phrase. Here's the quote, so you get an idea of what I'm talking about:
"I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. But before you start pointing your fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
I don't know what made me think about this quote today and want to blog about it. Actually, that's a lie. I do. But the situation that I'm in that made me think about it in a different light. If you analyze the quote, the meaning behind it is pretty obvious. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't criticize someone's else's life under any circumstance unless you're life is 100% perfect - which no one's is. No one should judge anyone else's life in any way.
I feel like I need to take Bob Marley's advice. I want too much out of things and I don't even stop to think about about how someone else's life is going. I know that's not really what the quote has to do with but I feel like it's connected in a way. Especially since I get mad when something doesn't go my way, but I don't even realize that maybe the person involved can't handle it at the moment. I don't stop to think, 'maybe this isn't the right time'.
No comments:
Post a Comment