Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dancing in the Dark

Blog one of the new school year. I haven't written one of these in a while. I'm definitely a little rusty.

I would love to say that the new school year is getting along great. However, I have a tendency to jinx myself and I believe that saying such a statement would do just that. To be honest, it wouldn't be all true either. During summer, I could not wait to start school up again. There's a certain point where waking up every day at noon and doing almost the same things gets too boring to even begin to explain. I love school. I've always loved school. I get to see everyone that I care about every day and I feel like I get so much more done in one school day then in one whole week of summer. I feel accomplished. And walking the halls as a senior (finally!) feels weird - in a good way. I'm excited for all that senior year has to offer. Senior banquet is coming up soon and so are my senior portraits. I'll tell you now: I know for a fact that it is going to be the weirdest feeling in the world putting on a cap and gown; even if it's just for the pictures.

But where am I going with this? Oh yeah.

Instead of me feeling like the top of the school and ecstatic that I'm back with my peers, I have a sort of empty black hole in the pit of my stomach. Is it because my best friends both go to different schools and so I feel like something's missing? Or could it not be a feeling of emptiness at all, but rather a state of nervousness directed towards getting older and having more on my plate? While scrolling through the blogs that other people in 4th period posted, I caught someone say, "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong". Just seeing that gave me butterflies and made my head hurt. We'll see if that turns out true within the up and coming months.

Anyways. Welcome back Class of 2012! I hope we have a great year. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment